Monday, October 22, 2007

Web Site Coming... S..l..o..w..l..y !

I have been trying to get my Web site back up and running... and it has been far more difficult than it should ever be. My former site, Pontiff265.com, was doing pretty well. There was a lot of great info on B-16 with some cool photos, links...

Then it happened! Embarq bought our Sprint's local service. After reeking havoc with our 10 year old Earthlink e-mail addresses, they discontinued the free hosting space we had with Earthlink. Grrr! When I asked about this I was told that the number of customers using this service was low. I responded that "it's a lot lower now, isn't it!" - I was polite though.

So it's time to purchase hosting space. Knowing absolutely nothing, I began to look at online reviews of various hosting services I eventually went with HostMonster. However, transferring my domain from GoDaddy (where I purchased it) to HostMonster has not been a friendly experience. I decided that I would purchase a new domain so I could get things going and I could redirect pontiff265 to the new site. Thus Theologygeek.com was born, or at least conceived.

I want to expand the topics covered in this new site and set up unofficial help pages for volunteers working in some of the parish ministries I am responsible for. It will be great. There are only two small barriers now; time, and software. I have to have a good chunk of time so I can finish at least a few good pages, or a few small chunks of time. Also, the software I use to use has been discontinued. It still works, but in time will not keep up with new browser capabilities... It seemed like the perfect time to change web authoring software too. I need a WISYWIG program since I am not a true Web Guru. I have found Site Spinner to be a good solution and am going to go with it. I will have a bit of a learning curve, but it should not slow me down drastically.

So, look to find a new site at Theologygeek.com very soon. Pray that I have time to get it up. I am, at the moment of writing this, setting a goal for myself of Thanksgiving Day!

I will let all of my faithful readers (that would be Maria) know when it is up.

Pax!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Waiting patiently for your web page! ;-) I hope you find the time before Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

What's up, just wanted to say, I loved this blog post.
It was funny. Keep on posting!

My page; beauty high ()

Anonymous said...

I blog frequently and I truly appreciate your content.
This great article has truly peaked my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and
keep checking for new information about once per
week. I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.

Stop by my weblog ... massage zone []

J. Craig King, "Theology Geek" said...

I hope for my new web site to come online in the next two weeks or so.