Thursday, April 22, 2010

My First Cup...

I am sitting at my desk at the parish Faith Formation Office and can look out at the gloomy fog and rain which have drastically changed the view from the vestibule. It's certainly not a typical Southern Nevada day. But something else stands out to me as memorable... a truly great cup of coffee! Before me is my first cup of Mystic Monk Coffee, and of the Chocolate Cherry variety I must add. While I have long linked to the Mystic Monk Coffee website from theologygeek.com, I must confess that I have never before tasted their coffees.


If the idea of a truly great cup of coffee isn't enough to get your attention, then hopefully the source of the coffee will. This group of Carmelite Monks roast coffee and sell it on the internet to raise money to build their new monastery in Wyoming. They have many roasts and flavored coffees. They also have gift sets, and a monthly subscription program so that your coffee can come to you each month in a nearly miraculous way.

Seriously, this is great coffee and you can know that you are supporting a religious community with every cup you drink. May I suggest that you could even use your daily cup(s) of coffee as a reminder to unite your prayer with theirs.

Click here to go to Mystic Monk Coffee's Web site.

http://www.mysticmonkcoffee.com/index.html

Full Disclosure: I am in no way affiliated with Mystic Monk, other than being a new customer. Nor was I solicited to write this article. I am a Catholic; a coffee lover; and I supporting our religious brothers and sisters. I am also a new customer of Mystic Monk.

No comments: