Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Steve Jobs and Apple Refuse a Pro-life and Pro-Marriage App

Okay, I have to take a break from our joy-filled, peace on earth themes of the Advent and Christmas seasons to pass on the following story. Those of you who know me well, know that I like to joke about my personal beefs with Apple. I assure you that this post is not of that vein. Please take a minute and read the article that I have linked to below on the web site of the Archdiocese of Washington DC's web site.

http://blog.adw.org/2010/12/former-revolutionary-becomes-big-brother-steve-jobs-and-apple-refuse-a-pro-life-and-pro-marriage-app/

What should be done in response? Should we have iPhone bonfires? Probably not, (though the thought did make me chuckle) but we can certainly let Apple know that we are outraged by this, and if you use Apple products (I even have one Apple product in my home- Mea culpa!) make sure they know that when you contact them. The video lists Steve Job's email address, and even though it must be screened, thousands of emails of protest over this will get back to him. He is, after all, the master of responding to consumer demand [or perhaps creating the illusion of consumer demand, but don't get me started :-) ].

---
Note: Yes, I am aware that other tech companies, such as Google, have financially supported numerous causes that Catholics should also oppose. However, this is the most current, and most visible opposition to Catholic moral beliefs I remember from such a well known company and public figure.
---

No comments: