Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Anglican Ordinariate

Photo: Taken at Westminster Cathedral on Saturday, former Anglican bishops 
John Broadhurst, Andrew Burnham and Keith Newton at their Catholic ordination Mass.

I promised that I would get around to posting links for you on the new Anglican Ordinariate within the Latin Rite when I got home and settled. Here we go! I truly believe that this is a historic event which will be looked at as one of the top three stories in Catholic News for 2011. I heard a well known priest say this week that he expects we will see over 1 million Anglicans become Catholic in the coming years. I think that his estimate is low... very low.

Check out these helpful stories below.

CNS Story

National Catholic Register Article on the Ordinariate

Catholic Culture.org Article on the Future Plans for the Ordinariate


1 comment:

Bernie said...

I have been following this closely for the past months and have some issues with this embracing of the Anglican church, in the manner that it has happen; especially with the married clergy issue. As an Eastern Rite Catholic I am troubled that the Eastern Catholics are still prohibited from ordaining married clergy outside of their original patriarchal boundaries and ordained married priest that move to the US or other areas outside those boundaries can not be pastors. Yet we are now accepting Anglicans, their married priest and if I have read correctly are going to allow them to continue the practice of ordaining married priest. I do not have a problem with this but it is also time that the Church recognizes the Marred Clergy of the Eastern Churches FULLY and allow them to ordain and use married clergy in their churches throughout the world.