Sunday, January 30, 2011

A GOOD iPhone App

I have recently posted on the blasphemous iPhone app called "Penance", and in Apple's rejection of a Pro-Life, Pro-Marriage app, so I feel obliged to let you know about a recently released app which became the first one to receive an imprimatur from the Church. Below is a link to the page for the new app called "Confession".

Confession does not do anything like let you text your confession to a cyber-priest. What it does do is provide a great examination of conscience for those preparing for the sacrament, as well as a step by step guide on how to  go to confession.

Link to "Confession" app's page 

Yes, I know that there are plenty of Catholic iPhone and Android apps our there. I even have a few on my phone. But with an imprimatur? This is a first!

Feedback: If you have an iPhone or Android app that you have found to be excellent, let me know. I will take a look at it and if it looks like something that others could find useful, I will post in it.

National Catholic Register Article

No comments: