Sunday, February 13, 2011

Live Catholic Radio on your Android Phone!

You may live where there is an active Catholic Radio station. I do not. So, since I have stopped paying for satellite radio, I have been without a Catholic radio station to listen to... but there is an alternative. There are two Catholic radio apps for Android phones (there are many more now) and I have recently tried both of them out. With Android handsets flooding the market, there is  a greater chance that you are using a Android handset than any other mobile operating system (OS).

I believe that both apps are primarily broadcasting the EWTN Radio feed, so it is really just a matter of personal preference. 

Tip: If you have an "audio in" port on you car stereo, just plug in your phone and listen to Catholic radio over your car audio system. 

UPDATE (March 27, 2011)
I am adding an Additional Android Catholic Radio app from Ave Maria Radio. It is EWTN Radio ported to your phone.

UPDATE (February 22, 2012)
Updates to apps. Removing graphics due to some becoming inactive. 

Ave Maria Radio

Catholic Radio Network


Answers 4 Catholics Catholic Radio and much more. 



Do you use a similar app on your iPhone? Leave me a comment and I will add that info to the blog. 
Pax!

1 comment:

Heather Marie Drummond said...

On my iPhone, I listen to:
iCATHOLICfm (The Station of the Cross), AMR Radio (Ave Maria Radio) and Living Bread Radio.
I am so thankful for these apps since we don't have a Catholic station in Southern Nevada... :-)