- Sadness of Christ (St. Thomas More)
- Lukewarmness: The Devil in Disguise (Fr. Francis Fernandez-Carvajal)
- Obedience (Fr. Raniero Cantalamessa)
- The Love that Keeps Us Sane: Living the Little Way of St Therese of Lisieux" (Marc Foley, OCD)
- Jesus of Nazareth (Pope Benedict XVI) both books
- Great Lent (Fr. Alexander Schmemann)
- Anything by Fr. Jacques Philippe
- In Conversation With God, Lent and Easter Volume (series)
- Beginning Contemplative Prayer (Kathryn James Hermes)
- The Everlasting Man (Chesterton)
- The Screwtape Letters (CS Lewis)
- He Leadeth Me
- Father Elijah (Obrien) - I Concur John! One of my all time favorite fiction titles.
- Timothy Gallagher's books on Ignatian Prayer
- Seven Words of Jesus and Mary: Lessons on Cana and Calvary
- The Cross and the Beatitudes: Lessons on Love and Forgiveness
- Lent and Easter Wisdom from Fulton J. Sheen
I have put the titles above (Those that I could find) on my Amazon associate page to make them easy to find. No, this is not a cheap sales pitch. I have yet to receive a penny from Amazon and have had an associate account for years.
Personally, I will be reading Called to Life by Fr. Jacques Philippe (Kindle Edition).
Thanks go out to: Marques Silva, Kelley Peffer, Pete Cooney, Fr. Daniel Dozier, Renee Booksh, Lisa Ponchak, Teresa Pineda, and John McNichol for your recommendations.