Wednesday, March 21, 2012

An iPad Confession

Last week I blogged about my thoughts on the new iPad. Now I must confess that I have purchased one. Before doing so, I borrowed a few people's iPad 2's to make sure it would do everything I needed and that I could type quickly on the screen. So, after selling a few items, including my Kindle Fire, to get the money for it, I took the plunge. I bought it the morning it was released. Knowing that the Apple Store would be a madhouse and discovering that Target only had the white ones, I drove over to Best Buy (about 10 miles from my home). There were balloons, a long roped off area for those buying iPads to wait in line, a dedicate register, and... one person in front of me. She had slept outside the Apple Store from 8PM to 8Am to buy one, only to realize she got the WiFi version and wanted the LTE. She said there were 200 people in line when she left. She was now picking up the "right" iPad in just 10 minutes or less.

What does this mean for the blog? Mainly, it means that I will be reviewing more Catholic iPad Apps, and iPhone Apps (which can run on the iPad). I am already beginning to review apps for the Liturgy of the Hours and will make a recommendation within the next few days. Additionally, it will make it easier to still post when I travel, so there will be less times when I go a week or more without posting something. I just need to find a Blogger app that I like.

Look for more to come...

1 comment:

Karen H. said...

I like the Catholic Directory for Mass times when traveling...