Saturday, July 21, 2012

Finding Hope in the Year of Faith

Pope Benedict XVII has declared the coming year, beginning October 11, 2012, to be the Year of Faith. This will mark the 50th Anniversary of the Second Vatican Council and the 20th anniversary of the promulgation of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Those who know me know that these are two of the things I like to talk about the most.

It seemed like the unofficial theme for today at the St. John Bosco Conference was the Year of Faith, and I found it very encouraging. Amidst the threats against our Religious Liberty, because of the HHS Mandate, we can find hope knowing that Pope Benedict has an intricate plan to help bring renewal to the Church.

Over the next few months, I will post a number of articles on the Year of Faith and Pope Benedict's plan for the Church. For now, I encourage you to visit the Vatican's Web Page (linked below) and start reading and learning about it for yourself.

Click here to go to the Vatican's Web page on the Year of Faith.

(My apologies for poor formatting and no photos. I am not happy with the blogging app that I am using.)

No comments: